join the HMBA
Do you own a business on Mississippi Ave or nearby?
Join the Historic Mississippi Avenue Business Association (HMBA)!
Promote, develop and preserve the North Portland business community as a desirable and vibrant place to work, shop, and live. Join a group of dedicated, motivated, and creative business owners coming together to promote the welfare of the community.
Why join the HMBA?
Marketing and promotion:
- Website: receive exclusive website feature and link on mississippiave.com
- Press coverage and advertising: access to press opportunities and outreach done on the HMBA’s behalf as well as supporting the advertising efforts of the marketing committee
- Social Media: Get featured on Mississippi Ave’s social media accounts
- District map: receive placement on our HMBA Mississippi Ave Walking Map in which 1,000+ copies are distributed throughout the business district, downtown hotels, Portland’s Visitor Information Center, and more
- Opportunities to submit content for the Mississippi Ave blog and social media channels
- FREE booth at Mississippi Ave Street Fair (July 13, 2019)– draws 30-50K customers to Mississippi Ave ($205 value)
- Small Shops, Big Hearts (February) – district event promotes shopping local and giving back
- Mardi Gras Parade — ever growing annual night parade that brings people from around the local community and the city in general
- Ice Cream Social (August): a chance for HMBA businesses to give back and connect to our local community through free ice cream treats handed out by participating business on the street
- October Trick-or-Treat Event (October 31): a fun children-focused street wide event wherein participating business hand out candy to community children
- Holiday Lights (November): our annual holiday event featuring local children’s musician Mr. Ben
Member Networking and Advocacy:
- Member-to-Member Discounts: Being a member of the HMBA gives you discounts at participating businesses. For a full list of participating businesses, see here.
- Business mixers: network with business owners and explore new Mississippi Ave venues
- Keeping you up to date on city matters that impact you and your business, such as PBOTs parking initiatives
- Access to Venture Portland and Travel Portland
Community Giving Initiatives:
- Giving Tuesday: a biannual initiative wherein member business donate 10% of sales on two Tuesdays (one in the spring and one in the fall) to local youth advocacy program BBYUP
- BBYUP: Events like the Mississippi Ave Street Fair benefit the Boise Business Youth Unity Project, which aims to bring local businesses and youth together in a positive way.
- Sponsorship of Movies in the Park, a community event where movies are projected in Unthank park during the summer
how to join
Join the Historic Mississippi Business Association today!
Please fill out our membership form, send it to email@example.com and submit your payment via Paypal through the appropriate link below.To be eligible for membership benefits, you must be a business, property owner or other who does business on or near Mississippi Ave and you must pay annual dues to the Historic Mississippi Ave Business Association (HMBA).
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.9% Paypal fee included
Annual Membership: $411.90
This is the standard membership tier for most businesses, including retail, restaurants and bars.
Annual Non-Profit Membership: $247.26
This membership tier is for businesses and organizations that aren’t selling products, like non-profits and residential buildings.
Food Truck Membership: $206.10
This membership tier is for food trucks only, and does not include a space at the Mississippi Street Fair.
Not ready to join? Please consider helping your neighbors by sending us a $50 trash pick-up donation.